"I have no nationality. My country is my shoes." -Alejandro Jodorowsky
When faced with difficult situations in my life, it was through the Arts, working with my body and immersing myself in nature that I repeatedly found solace and meaning. To be able to share these joyful, but deeply transformative practises effectively with my clients, I added a strong therapeutic foundation to my skill set.
Apart from "talking", a session with me can include art making, breathing techniques, body meditations or a combination. These practices help us to connect quite immediately to the elusive treasures of the subconscious and can help us to understand and transform the current experiences we are having - simply put, making our lives richer.
My intention is to offer a creative, nurturing space to support my clients’ growth at their very own rhythm and timbre. To help me provide such a space, I continue to further my own training and practices of self-reflection.
I offer my counselling services in my private practice in Potsdam & at Stillpoint Spaces Berlin - when appropriate, also outdoors. I work both in English and in German, on a one-to-one basis and in groups.
I was born in India and spent many formative years in Germany. Having grown up between continents and cultures, my search has always been to integrate worlds - so the rifts within me, too, may be healed. This has taken me on a continual learning path which spans from neuroscience to art, eastern spirituality to western psychotherapy, ancient ritualistic tradition to modern clinical practice.
I believe that psychological health confers the ability to hold our contradictions and multitudes in harmony. I draw on the many resources within me to offer my clients a creative, lively approach to support their healing and thus, integrate the worlds within them.
Privately, I can typically be found roaming the forests of Brandenburg with my dog and a sketchbook.
- Since 2017: ongoing training in Continuum Movement
- Since 2016: ongoing training in Hakomi (mindfulness based body psychotherapy)
- 2016: licensed as ‘Heilpraktiker für Psychotherapie’
- 2012: MA Art Therapy (Kunsthochschule Berlin Weissensee)
- 2008: Certificate in ‘Arts become Therapy’ (WCCL, Pune)
- 1996-2015: 1000+ hrs of diverse Yoga Teacher Trainings (IYF, 3HO, IYN)
- 1998: MSc Nutrition, Brain & Behaviour (Roehampton Institute London)
- 2013-2016 private & clinical therapeutic practice
- 2010-2011 art therapy project for HIV/ AIDS patients in Potsdam
- 2009-2012 art therapy internships at psychosomatic and psychiatric clinics in and around Berlin
- 2009-present: teaching Yoga in groups and 1:1
- 2008 interdisciplinary Yoga and Art Therapy research project for special needs children in Pondicherry, India
- 2001-2011 Freelance Photography & Graphic Design practice in India and Germany